If you consider yourself a golf enthusiast, then the chances are you’ve already traversed many of the most popular courses in your backyard. But have you ever thought of exploring some of the world’s most scenic and challenging courses? Whether you’re looking to sharpen up your game or gain valuable insights into the world of golf betting odds, these are our top picks of must-visit golf courses around the globe.
- The Old Course at St Andrews Links – Scotland As one of the most famous and oldest golf courses, it’s not surprising that The Old Course at St Andrew’s Links is number one on this list. With stunning views overlooking Scotland’s East Neuk Coastline and rolling hills, it has been dubbed as “the home of golf” since its establishment in 1552. This course will certainly challenge even the most experienced players with its narrow fairways and deep bunkers, but it is also one of the most memorable experiences for any golfer.
- Pebble Beach Golf Links – California Sitting along California’s iconic Monterey Peninsula and Pacific coastline, Pebble Beach Golf Links is considered one of America’s greatest public courses. It has hosted countless professional tournaments, including five U.S. Open Championships, and offers an unforgettable experience with breathtaking views, a difficult layout, and unique terrain. It may be costly to play here, but it will be worth every penny!
- Royal County Down Golf Club – Northern Ireland Located near Newcastle in Northern Ireland, Royal County Down Golf Club is widely considered to be one of the best links courses in all of Europe. This championship-level course features two distinct layouts – The Championship Course (which was voted by both USGA magazine and GOLF Magazine as the #1 course outside North America) and The Annesley Links Course – each offering its own set of challenges for any golfer who visits this incredible destination spot.
- Augusta National Golf Club – Georgia Another legendary course often seen on TV during major tournaments such as The Masters Tournament is Augusta National Golf Club in Georgia, USA. This private club requires membership to play, but if you can get a chance to experience what many consider to be one of golf’s holy grails, then it would certainly be worth your time! With a picturesque clubhouse nestled among tall pines and azaleas, any serious golfer looking for an unforgettable experience should not miss out on this!
- Pinehurst Resort & Country Club – North Carolina Pinehurst Resort & Country Club has been around since 1895, making it one of America’s oldest premier golf resorts featuring eight championship-level courses from beginner level to master level difficulty, depending on which course you choose to play at this luxurious resort! On top of that, Pinehurst also boasts exceptional accommodations ranging from traditional rooms at The Carolina Hotel to luxury villas with private pools!
There are so many incredible golf courses around the world offering something special for every type of golfer ranging from beginner level up to championship tournament events! Whether you’re looking for something close by or across seas in another continent, these ten must-visit golf destinations should provide plenty of choices when deciding where to plan your next golfing adventure! From Scotland’s historic Old Course at St Andrew’s Links down south through sunny California’s Pebble Beach Golf Links, each course offers something unique yet equally enjoyable regardless if you decide to stick closer to home or venture further away from home! No matter which course you choose, we hope that your trip brings lots of fun memories that last a lifetime!
(Disclaimer: Devdiscourse’s journalists were not involved in the production of this article. The facts and opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of Devdiscourse and Devdiscourse does not claim any responsibility for the same.)