The New Orleans Pelicans (35-37) and the Charlotte Hornets (23-50) meet at Smoothie King Center in a game on Thursday, March 23, 2023 at 8:00 PM ET on BSNO. The Pelicans are 8-point favorites in the game. The matchup’s point total is 225.5.
Pelicans Vs Hornets Betting Odds
Not yet a DraftKings Sportsbook user? Sign up using our link and get a $50 bonus bet when you deposit, plus a deposit bonus!
Injury Report as of March 23
Pelicans: Zion Williamson: Out (Hamstring), Jose Alvarado: Out (Lower Leg)
Hornets: Cody Martin: Out (Knee), LaMelo Ball: Out (Ankle), Mark Williams: Out (Thumb)
|Spread Pick||Pelicans (-8)|
|Total Pick||Over (225.5)|
Predictions are calculated by a data-driven algorithm (raw power score) that ranks head-to-head matchup results within a closed network of games. Prediction confidence is determined by the delta between each team’s raw power score.
Pelicans Vs Hornets Stat Rankings
|Pelicans Avg. (Rank)||Hornets Avg. (Rank)|
|114.0 (16th)||Points Scored||111.3 (27th)|
|113.0 (14th)||Points Allowed||117.4 (22nd)|
|43.5 (13th)||Rebounds||44.6 (8th)|
|10.7 (13th)||Off. Rebounds||11.3 (8th)|
|10.9 (23rd)||3pt Made||10.6 (28th)|
|25.8 (9th)||Assists||24.9 (17th)|
|14.1 (23rd)||Turnovers||13.3 (14th)|
Best Betting Site For Pelicans vs Hornets
Pelicans Key Players
|Trey Murphy III||69||13.4||3.7||1.4||1.0||0.5||2.4|
Hornets Key Players
|Kelly Oubre Jr.||47||20.5||5.2||1.1||1.4||0.4||2.3|
|Dennis Smith Jr.||51||8.6||3.0||4.7||1.4||0.5||0.4|
- The Pelicans are 33-38-1 against the spread this season.
- New Orleans’ ATS record as 8-point favorites or more is 4-4.
- The Pelicans have seen 35 of their 72 games hit the over.
- New Orleans’ games have had more than 225.5 points scored on 40 occasions this season.
- The average total for Pelicans games this season has been 227.0, which is 1.5 points higher than the total for this game.
- Against the spread, the Hornets are 32-39-2 this season.
- Against the spread, as a 8-point underdog or more, Charlotte is 10-12-1.
- This season, 32 of the Hornets’ 73 games have gone over the point total.
- Charlotte’s games have finished with over 225.5 points scored 43 times this year.
- The average total for Hornets games is 228.7 points, which is 3.2 more than this game’s over/under.
Not all sportsbook offers available in all areas and are subject to change, check sportsbooks for details on available offers in your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please gamble responsibly. Call or chat with 1-800-GAMBLER if you or someone you know has a gambling problem.